15/05/2014

Achimota, Accra, Ghana


A couple of tricolour puppies for sale at the roadside in Achimota, a suburb of Accra. Whether their black overlay and part of the tail will remain that way in adulthood is less than certain, a lot of local dogs being born with an overlay and / or a tail that is up to two-thirds black, but don't show a single trace of black once fully grown.


Here is an example with one of my own dogs: on the first two pictures, he's about six months old and clearly shows a dark overlay and two thirds of the tail are almost completely black.


Only one year later, he is the most uniformly red dog I've ever met.


A friendly reminder: although I'm tickled pink anytime you express appreciation for the pictures I post here, they are either mine, or I've obtained the right to use and reproduce them. You are NOT allowed to repost, copy or reuse them in any way without my prior written permission. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment