20/05/2014

In 63 days or less...


Announcing a "maybe" litter. I'm both excited and not too happy. Excited because it's the first time I'll have a litter at home. A little less than excited because the dam will be of unclear parentage (I doubt she's 100% aboriginal) and came to me a few weeks ago with a lot of behaviour and health issues due to having spent more than a year chained 23 hours out of 24. She's recovered quite dramatically physically, but her behaviour is still not what would be ideal for a future mother. She however took us a bit by surprise (she's been here less than a month) and we'll face whatever comes.

In fact, her dubious parentage might make it easier to find takers for her brood, people here being more interested in Western breeds than in aboriginal dogs, and even a mixed-race dog is considered as better in terms of status than a purely primitive one.




Apologies for the very bad quality. My camera is on the blink, and my smartphone is showing its limitations quite blatantly.

11/05/2014 update: The dam is doing exceedingly well. Her behavioural issues are improving and a couple of months of good food and lots of exercise have solved all her physical ailments. She's now a strong, energetic, and healthy expecting bitch.

A friendly reminder: although I'm tickled pink anytime you express appreciation for the pictures I post here, they are either mine, or I've obtained the right to use and reproduce them. You are NOT allowed to repost, copy or reuse them in any way without my prior written permission. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment